Central and Northeast Ohio
Techie Workshops are one day, 4-hour experiences designed to engage elementary, middle and high school students in hands-on computer science activities, ranging from programming or app development to robotics or 3D printing. Each workshop has two (2) instructors and up to 20 students.
Dates: Techie Workshops will be offered throughout the year.
Time: Techie Workshops typically run from 8:00am-12:00pm or 1:00pm-5:00pm on Saturdays. Instructors arrive one hour prior to program start and stay no later than one hour after program end.
Wage: $20 per hour (amount may vary by geographic area)
Part-time/Temporary position responsible for coordinating and implementing all day-to-day aspects of the program.
- Attend training session prior to the program start date
- Become knowledgeable of program tools (lessons/activities, software/hardware) prior to program sessions
- Be able to explain complex ideas to students so they can relate and understand
- Build a safe classroom environment conducive to collaborative and hands-on learning
- Assist students with the successful completion of lessons/activities and evaluation
- Record program activities through photos and videos, which need to be uploaded to Dropbox
- Provide feedback on the students’ experience with the overall program
- Provide TECH CORPS staff with all program and evaluation data as requested
- Perform other duties as needed for the successful implementation of the program
- Perform other duties as assigned
First and foremost, TECH CORPS is looking for folks who have: Passion (for the mission of the organization), Creativity and Initiative.
Additional qualifications include:
- Knowledge and/or experience leading, mentoring or teaching groups
- Effective communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working with diverse populations and/or urban students is a plus
- Computer Science or Engineering major/program/degree preferred but not required
Content Knowledge/Experience (topic based on desired program offering):
- Graphic Arts and 2D or 3D Video Game Design
- Robotics and Engineering (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Open source software, including image, audio, video manipulation, web authoring and programming environments
- 3D Printing platforms (e.g. TinkerCAD, SketchUp)
Interested in any of the opportunities listed above…APPLY NOW!!
Have questions? Call TECH CORPS at (614) 583-9211